In times of great uncertainty, one of the most powerful tools we can develop is trust in ourselves. Trusting ourselves gives us the capacity to stay grounded, let go of control, better handle the unexpected, and to know in the end that we will be okay.
Join us for this special virtual edition of Raw Storytelling for Women where we will practice trusting ourselves through storytelling on spontaneous topics. We will create a safe space and practices to help you ground and connect to your authentic, inner self. The event will include intentional body movement, journaling+sharing and, of course, storytelling.
You will be expected to:
- Be fully present for the event. Holding space for each other is important to feeling seen, heard and connected.
- Be on video. Sharing our truths with a blank screen is hard. Being on video isn’t about you but about serving others by being present for them.
- Do our best to be in a quiet space without interruptions. It’s hard to do this with our families or roommates around so we understand interruptions may happen. Just do your best.
- Cheer on and fully support your fellow participants.
- Show up as you are, whether that is in pjs or dressed up in your best.
- You are not required to speak. Storytelling will be on a volunteer basis. Listening to and holding space for speakers is an important component of the Raw Storytelling experience. Please note that you will have plenty of opportunities to decide to speak during the event which many women end up doing!
If you’ve been to a previous Raw Storytelling event, there will be a similar storytelling structure but with some added components so this event will be a bit different. Bring your journal (or paper) and your whole self and meet us on Zoom.
Tickets are pay what you can at $20 or $10. If you are financially insecure, please do not hesitate to join us for free!
*Ticket sales end on Friday, 7pm. You will be emailed a Zoom link and password the evening before the event.